Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't POST - CPU 4-Pin Connector issues...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computerlife22

computerlife22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Today, I decided to clean out my older computer. After taking the components out and cleaning out the case, I put them back in as they were before (that I know of). The problem that I am having is that my computer refuses to boot. The light goes on for about 1/2 a second, as do the fans spin, but then it dies out. This is with the CPU 4-pin connector plugged into the motherboard as well as the standard ATX connector. All components are in working order as they were working before (they were just very dusty, almost 3/8 in of dust everywhere!), but the PC just refuses to boot. Without the 4 pin CPU connector plugged in, everything powers on properly, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

SPECS:

Motherboard: M2N-MX-SE PLUS

RAM: 2GB DDR2 RAM

HD: One 20GB IDE HD, One 500GB SATA HD

CD/DVD: One IDE DVD-RW drive.

CPU: AMD Phenom (don't know exact model, but it's 1.8GHz Quad Core)

POWER SUPPLY: 350W, No PCI-E connectors, one SATA, a few Molex... etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I don't know what went wrong!

Also, I know that there are also PCI-E connectors that are 4pin, but this is the only 4pin that I am aware of on this computer. There aren't any other 4pin square connectors on the 350W power supply.

EDIT: Mods, can you please move this into the "Internal Hardware" forum? I thought I selected a new topic there, but I didn't. Sorry!

Edited by computerlife22, 30 November 2013 - 06:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users