Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Blank Screen, Even In Safe Mode - How To Fix?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byronwells

byronwells

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Alright guys

I am having a few problems with windows 7 and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it without doing a fresh install.  Before I start I must say that I have not changed any of the hardware so I don't know why I am getting this problem now.  My windows 7 home was working then I loaded up a game to play and it froze so I restarted the machine, now all I am getting is a black screen after the windows logo,,

I have even tried to go into safe mode and I get the same problem as above.  I can't even repair it because it doesn't find anything wrong with it..

I believe it must have something to do with the display settings within windows itself.. So I am wondering if I remove the display driver and reboot if that will solve it. If so how do I do it through the command prompt in repair mode??

Please someone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithie

Keithie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hi I had this problem its Windows Explorer not running, to get it running so you can start sorting the problem open Task Manager Ctrl, shift, Esc, then file, New task type EXPLORER & run (enter) all is then as normal. I changed graphics drivers, No good! Microsoft give registry edits they didn't work!! So i ran a full update from a current version, my original install was win 7 & i had installed sp1 so you must run that version. It was run as an upgrade from the running OS so no data was lost.

Others reported that the registry fixes worked  but for me  after several days on & off on this machine I found it to be the best way.

Edited by Keithie, 30 November 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#3 byronwells

byronwells
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Taskbar doesn't work I'm afraid.. All I am getting is a blank screen with the mouse pointer showning, nothing else at all. The same if I try and load up in safe mode. 

At the moment I am in thr repair mode for windows 7.. I am looking at the command prompt section now.. But I need to know how to disable/remove the graphic card setup via this way if at all possible

Hi I had this problem its Windows Explorer not running, to get it running so you can start sorting the problem open Task Manager Ctrl, shift, Esc, then file, New task type EXPLORER & run (enter) all is then as normal. I changed graphics drivers No good Microsoft give registry edits they didn't work so i ran a full update from a current version, my original install was win 7 & i had installed sp1 so you must run that version. It was run as an upgrade from the running OS so no data was lost.

Others reported that the registry fixes worked  but for me  after several days on & off on this machine I found it to be the best way.

#4 byronwells

byronwells
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

Anyone? No Can Help? Don't want to format if I don't have to

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Try running the chkdsk /r command from the command prompt.

Louis

#6 trippak

trippak

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Try to load windows with (F8 while booting up): "Last known good configuration".

This could easily be virus. I had this a long time ago and only solution was reinstaling Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users