Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS UPDATE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saturnzgaze

saturnzgaze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Problem is, I can't get windows update to install anything, Secondarily, windows update is pedalling updates that don't apply to my environment, And lastly, when I try to hide these spurious updates, they don't stay hidden. I'm xp sp3 platform. Tried all of the fixits. Since this problem cropped up shortly after a windows reinstall, I'm thinking that process was faulty. Anybody have any ideas? I have used the windows forced install to install what I thought was appropriate. Would like to resolve this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saturnzgaze

saturnzgaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

I HAVE FOUND MY PROBLEM, AT LEAST THE WINDOWS UPDATE IS NOW WORKING. THE CAUSE WAS THE ABSENSE OF THE BITS (BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE)SERVICE. ONCE INSTALLED AND STARTED, UPDATING RESUMED.

MODS PLEASE CONSIDER THIS PROBLEM SOLVED

DOUG

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

We appreciate your feedback and are glad you self-resolved your issues.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users