Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading graphics items for 3D modeling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patchfree

patchfree

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'll buy a new LCD screen (ViewSonic VP2770-LED 2560x1440 (WQHD), DVI-D Dual-Link, HDMI (x1), DisplayPort) in order to be more confortable with the display for 3D modeling (AC3D software). My graphic card needs to be changed to accommodate this resolution.

Given that my computer is running under Win7 32 bits with a Phenom II X4 945 processor (3GHz) and 3.25 Go RAM,

I set the following choice:

- Asus EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 priced at 80 € or
- Asus EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP) priced at 40 €

What about the good choice? Does the first one (RD 6670 + 1 Go DDR5) deserves to be  purchased as compared to the second (RD6450 + 1 Go DDR3)?

And are the both coherent with the rest of my computer (and OS) and the planned use of it (3D modeling without animation -> 3D rendered static images)?

Thanks for advices.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

i would vote for the 6670 1gd5 for a 32 bit platform.  there is a newer generation of that piece,  which is the r7-250. it is as good as it gets without consuming significant amounts of energy and it has the legacy vga (d-sub) output as well. the 6450 isn't recommended for much of anything except home theater or multiple displays.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 patchfree

patchfree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thank you synergy513! This helps a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users