Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello To All

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spiderman20171

spiderman20171

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

[font=Arial][size=4]Is this message board the easiest we have? [color=#3333FF]Hello, I am not so sure as I don't know how to make changes to the font, size, and other attributes of my posting.

My experience is extensive, or so I thought until a problem hit me. [I am posting the problem in another forum] I found this site after a miserable time trying to correct a crash situation. I downloaded Ad-Aware (the pay version whice is exprensive for me.) and immediately realized that my computer was acting strange. Changing from one page to another, using a link in the first file, was excruciatingly slow and sometimes did not work at all. The PC kept slowing down until it stopped responding to any command while on the Internet. Eventually, that slow response did not matter as I no longer could get on the Internet. After 2 1/2 days, I finally did, but have no idea how I got back on.

Enter BleepingComputer - I have a Dell portable Inspiron 8600 with Windows XP/Professional and many programs that I sometimes use. A few were thrown out prior to my dumping Ad-Aware. I love using the computer for anything that is interactive. Now I can't do that at work because I "retired" (quit) after a heated argument with my supervisor.

I am dumb that way and throw money away sometimes by doing rash things. Oh well, it's only money!

That is computer ME.

Spidey

PS - I can't make the spelling checker work! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 U R Insan3

U R Insan3

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hi, Welcome to BC =]

I'm new too, but So far i've found great help and everyone is very nice. Hopefully the same will be to you.

I've heard some things about the payed version of Ad-Aware not working and causing strange sideaffects. My advice is just to stick with the free version, If you're feeling adventurous then enter the registration code that came along with your Ad-aware to unlock the pro options without installing a new file(Pretty sure it has this option)

Goodluck, by the way, to get the best help on problems i'd go to the correct forum because more people are there looking to help people. This areas for introducitons so you won't get as much help here.
-TJB

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

Welcome to BC!
If you are having problems navigating and using the boards, BC has some informative helps in the New User Orientation Forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/82/new-user-orientation/

Don't panic, using the boards is much easier than you might think.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hello!

Welcome to BC :hello:guys.

Take johns advice...hes never wrong!! :thumbsup:

Brian

Edited by snyper, 04 May 2006 - 12:05 PM.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! spiderman20171.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic