Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Profile svc failed logon. User profile can't be loaded." on admin acct.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Llyn

Llyn

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Admin account worked fine on Monday.  The kid used her (non-admin) account in the meantime.  Now it won't log into the admin account - "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."  I've read a few other boards on this issue, so I am now doing a thorough virus scan and will include results as soon as they're available.  But I am not confident about moving forward with any of the paths I've seen laid out, and some of them don't apply if you can't access the admin account anyway, so I wanted to start a thread here (I've gotten fabulous help here several times before).  It's running Vista Home Premium SP2.  AVG 2013 Internet Security.  Can't think what other specs may be relevant, but am happy to provide whatever would be of use.  Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 justfixit

justfixit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

I got the same message when attempting to login on Windows 7, after no previous problems or changes before shutdown the night before. It continued to loop back to the logon screen even after rebooting. I ended up having to log on in Safe Mode, then do a system restore to restore back to the last restore point, which was a system checkpoint a couple of days earlier. That fixed it, and I've had no problems since. I hope that helps.

#3 Llyn

Llyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

I was indeed able to restore to a prior restore point and get back in.  Whew - I really thought that was going to be a lot worse than that.  Thanks for your help!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

FWIW:  Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users