Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system32/drivers/ file not found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DarinG

DarinG

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

I had zero access and/or sirefef virus.  I have been able to remove the problem and all scans show no problems.  Problem now is slow computer.  when I start systernals autoruns I find this :

huunisen   File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\huunisen.sys 

FileDisk   File not found: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\FileDisk.sys 

efavdrv   File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\efavdrv.sys 

dgderdrv   File not found: System32\drivers\dgderdrv.sys 

catchme   File not found: C:\Users\Darin\AppData\Local\Temp\catchme.sys 

Other symptoms: 

Can't create new file in explorer

QuickBooks will not load under my user name but will load under guest account.  I spent 4 hours with tec support from quick books looking at problem.  No solution.  ( I noticed quickbooks sending information to "amazonaw.cloudfront.net") 

I have un-installed and re-installed quick books, Iexplorer 11, and got rid of some other programs. 

I am running Intel I5  8gb ram and 128gig ssd  Eset smart security 7

Can anyone help with this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi DarinG,

I can't help you on huunisen.sys, however for the remainder I can offer the following:

efadrv.sys is part of Eset Smart Security - I would run a repair install which should rectify this problem

catchme.sys is a malware remnant and the entry can be deleted

Filedisk.sys probably belongs to Iolo System Mechanic

dgderdrv.sys belongs to Device Error Recovery SDK

If you have either of these last two programs installed, then a repair install should resolve the problems.  If not the entries can be removed.

Also, you can run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt which may replace any missing or corrupt system files.  Windows Repair (All In One) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ - may also help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users