Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has my computer been hacked into?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Columbo60

Columbo60

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I restarted my computer earlier on then came back to it and was shocked to find that Nero Back Up and Restore had been opened, and about 53 times. :o  I, personally didn't open this program. 

I restarted my computer again after only one tab of Nero closed (after trying to close all 53 tabs simultaneously), which cleared them all, but I remain puzzled as to whether my computer has been hacked into.

I presently have Windows Vista as my operating system and am currently scanning with Super Anti-Spyware and will also scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware when that has finished, to see if they detect anything, but any advice you can give me on determining if my computer has been hacked into and how to trace and remove the unwanted programs would be most helpful, so my computer is clear of viruses and malware.

I regularly scan my computer for viruses and malware, but it's odd how my Nero program opened up itself. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well the Nero BackItUp is a pretty shameful program to start with...

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#3 Columbo60

Columbo60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Well the Nero BackItUp is a pretty shameful program to start with...

What's wrong with Nero BackItUp?

I've never used this section of Nero.

Edited by Columbo60, 02 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users