Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dos Command

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weg

weg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

Hi I got a windows xp system and i'm wanting to learn java programming and i been everywhere on the net looking for a place to get help! I got a editor and a java GUI its the net-bean 5.0 and i cant get past the first part! I do everything that it tells me to do and i get this saying when i try to compile it in DOS ! " Can not find the suspific location " I spelled it wrong i know ! Can anyone help me out why this is saying this!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:19 PM

When you create a java class, you can run it within NetBeans. There is no need to try to run it from the command prompt. First, you build your application, then you run it. If you have constructed your class properly, netbeans will run it.

I do everything that it tells me to do

Are you trying to follow a tutorial somewhere, because NetBeans has never 'told' me anything. It would also be helpful if you wrote down the exact error message so I could see what that is also.

NetBeans is a bit of a bugger to learn to use. it almost has too much functionality, so much so that it is intimidating to just write and compile a simple program. I should be able to help you through most of your issues though. I have been developing on NetBeans for almost 3 years now, so I know my way around it reasonably well.

#3 weg

weg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

Iam new and doing the "HelloWorldApp.java", hey thanks for the answer there you are alright so all i do is creat a program in net bean thanks

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

I edited your post up there. You don't need to quote me.. I remember what was said. :thumbsup:

All you need to do is open NetBeans. In the uper left hand corner, under File, select "New Project". When the wizard opens, name it to whatever you want (the project name means nothing). Select Web application as the type.Just click on Finish (once you have given it a name).

Then, you are going to want to create a class. Since you are using someone's example, all you are going to really do is cut and paste in the code. So just below where you clicked file, there should be three tabs. Click on the file tab, then right click on your project name. Select new, then Java class. When the template opens, delete everything in the template, and paste in your "HelloWorld" code. Depending on where the code came from, you might have to make some modifications so that it is a proper class. If it doesn't compile and run properly, paste your code into a response here, and I will help you fix it so that you can run it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users