Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes at seemingly random times.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gioamd

Gioamd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Wasn't sure where to post this. I ordered my PC from CyberPower PC almost 2 years ago, and from day one its been randomly freezing, blue screen, shutting off. There doesn't seem to be a real trigger for it. Sometimes it will freeze when I leave it alone. It will freeze when i play BF3/4 on any graphics settings, after about 10 minutes of game play. It seems to be a bit random but it will always eventually freeze when I game. I know that if I leave the computer alone after it has frozen it will shut it self off and wont turn on unless i flip the switch on the power block to off and then press the power button, and then flip the switch to on and press the power button to start it up. I've contacted CyberPower PC tech support and he had me download programs to test the CPU and the GPU. Furmark and Intel Burn Test. I ran the both programs for the recommended time and it didn't cause a shut down.
When it first started happening several people thought it was overheating, which didn't make sense because i have a water cooling system. I went and bought A LOT of fans and set it all up so there was fans on every vent available. And I'm sure its correctly set up too. That didn't seem to have that much of an effect.
Recently it started acting up even more, it will freeze on me minutes after turning the computer on. No one seems to be able to figure out what the problem is.

Currently I am running memtest86. It has been running for 5 hours with only 1 pass and 0 errors. Not sure if it's supposed to take that long. I have 16gb of RAM. I am not very good with computers so it would be greatly appreciated if everything is explained well. Thanks :)

Someone once asked to see my mini dump files. They analyzed them and said it seems to be a USB drivers issue. When I asked them how do I fix the problem they never responded? How do I update drivers and which ones do I update? I'm not to sure what I'm doing.

MB : Gigabyte Technologies GA-970A-D3
BIOS : Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
CPU : AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor 3.6GHz
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
RAM:16Gb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 Gioamd

Gioamd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

After buying a new PSU i have been able to run BF4 on high graphic settings without any hiccups. I went to frys and got the Antec 850W ATX 12V v2.32 for $110. so far so good. a little ticked off that the previous power supply i had, wasnt cutting it. thanks for the help. i hope i dont have any more problems.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Glad you resolved it, feedback appreciated.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users