Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting large quantities of folders - how?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Simon Mason

Simon Mason

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

I mirror some folders from my Macs in the house to my Windows PC.  Specifically digital photos and music.  In the process of copying the files from Mac to NAS (I am using FreeNAS) and down to my PCs I get a ton of the .AppleDouble folder/files.  I have since altered my mirroring routines to ignore these files but now I am trying to clean these up in my windows PC.  I can easily search for them in Explorer, select all, then delete.  However this never works.  It starts counting the files to be deleted and then generally just disappears.  I have googled around and it seems like it is just running out of memory or something - but it never concludes.  If I select a smaller amount of the files and delete it works fine.

So, is there a utility that will allow me to select and delete a large quantity of folders based on a file mask?  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

This should be what you seek.
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/

0 user(s) are reading this topic