Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any browser USES HIGH CPU in windows 8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hello everybody. How are you? I am posting. Being that most severe computer problems usually require having to pay to get it fixed, and mom doesn't understand one thing about computers and won't let me just get a new computer, I'm coming here as a last resort before I declair myself computerless.

Here's the problem.

I have to use a lot of simulators to simulate very extensive things like cardiopulmonary bypass, HFOV, etc. OK? On OCT 4, 2013, I got a computer that was BRAND NEW FROM WALL*MART. It was Windows 8. It is from what it looks to be an HP2000 Notebook. OK. At first use, the thing had me mad. ALL BROWSERS WERE SLOW. I had extreme lag when watching YouTube videos, running simulators, or anything that used ADOBE FLASH PLAYER. I have the latest version of Flash player. LATEST VERSION. The thing has the latest version of chrome. Well, my Norton monitor, or whatever its called  said HIGH CPU USAGE. These alerts would come up when my mouse was jerky. OK? So now, I try deleting things, getting into task mannager and closing things, and It helped a very very small amount when doing stuff without flash player. WITH FLASH PLAYER, Its slower than a 95 would be. My mouse is often jerky. The monitor waveforms are jerky. There is about 2-4 second lag between clicking something such as in my simulator, or one of them, clicking a list of medications I'm looking to find one to administer, between the time I click the list, and the time it comes up, its like, ehhhhhhhhhhhh maybe 4.5 seconds, and when I use my magnifier, I can really tell that the mouse is jerky. Like its drunk. I've tried disk cleanup. I have tried, defrags. I've tried running viral scans. NOTHING. Is there a way HP, can remote into my computer and fix this, or what? I know this is high CPU problems because Task mannager reports a 99% CPU usage when using these simulators, and I don't know what else to do. IT CAME LIKE THIS FROM WALL*MART. Return is a lost cause. the thing is either going to have to be fixed, or i am going to have to just screw it, and then i will call microsoft, or should i say, microslut, and say what i think about their garbage windows 8. i HAVE CHECKED TO SEE WHAT BACKGROUND PROGRAMS i CAN CLOSE IN THE BACKGROUND. I've written to Microslut. They say its HP. Mom's not going to let me send this thing to HP. She doesn't want me paying for something she doesn't understand. I don't know honestly. I know this thing is long. FORGIVE ME. I have tried everything.

I don't know why I'm posting here when Probably the answer I'm going to get is, "Get a new one, or something like this. Can anybody with computer expertise skype me, or something? Can smebody do something? I'm really screwed otherwise. VERY VERY BADLY SCREWED. I hate to bug you all, because this forum has posts coming continuously. Mine may not even make it through to a reply, because It might be stacked with other post before anybody sees this one. Thank you for your help. I really wish this computer would have been more of a help. This thing is a POS. Have a great day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

I can tell you I just worked on that exact laptop. After cleaning up addware, temporary files, and unwanted programs (not factory default programs) the laptop was still sluggish when doing just about anything. Depending on your EXACT model, most of the "Walmart" HP2000 Windows 8 laptops ship with the AMD-e300 processor and 2gb of ram, "The E-300 is comparable to a desktop Celeron G440(single core 1.6GHz) or a mobile Celeron 560.It's actually much slower than even an old Core Duo processor." (Taken From Notebook Review) The integrated graphics also uses some of the available ram, not leaving much for applications to use. With a 1 or 2 programs open you will be out of ram and using the HDD for Virtual memory Causing your CPU to spike to 99-100%. Your options are, 1. install another 2gb DDR3 PC12800 (Or purchase an 8GB kit [4gb x2] this helps ALLOT. Use the included HP utility to check for any system updates. Disable any background programs that arent needed. The Processor is designed to save power, you can help this a little by using the performance settings in the power menu.    

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

I can tell you I just worked on that exact laptop. After cleaning up addware, temporary files, and unwanted programs (not factory default programs) the laptop was still sluggish when doing just about anything. Depending on your EXACT model, most of the "Walmart" HP2000 Windows 8 laptops ship with the AMD-e300 processor and 2gb of ram, "The E-300 is comparable to a desktop Celeron G440(single core 1.6GHz) or a mobile Celeron 560.It's actually much slower than even an old Core Duo processor." (Taken From Notebook Review) The integrated graphics also uses some of the available ram, not leaving much for applications to use. With a 1 or 2 programs open you will be out of ram and using the HDD for Virtual memory Causing your CPU to spike to 99-100%. Your options are, 1. install another 2gb DDR3 PC12800 (Or purchase an 8GB kit [4gb x2] this helps ALLOT. Use the included HP utility to check for any system updates. Disable any background programs that arent needed. The Processor is designed to save power, you can help this a little by using the performance settings in the power menu.    

I would like to take this time to thank you for your wonderful support. it certainly isn't the best because I'm a lost cause because I can't go buy new RAM. I do have a question though. I have a laptop from HP that's about ehhhh maybe 2 years old that had 7. I replaced it with the HP 2000 because I thought it would be better. Well the old one was slow and about as bad as this. Well anyhow, what would happen if I took the memory from that thing and the CPU from that thing or RAM I guess considering I don't know much about computers, but If I installed all the memory from that thing that would fit in this thing, if I did that, it would crash this computer wouldn't it?What would happen?I mean, I don't know but being that its a little bit older I am guessing my whole hard drive would be fried wouldn't it?

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

It has to be DDR3 PC3-10600 or faster to work. If its PC3-10600 the computer will just slow down the stock memory speed.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

It has to be DDR3 PC3-10600 or faster to work. If its PC3-10600 the computer will just slow down the stock memory speed.

Oh. OK.

I have looked at the details.

Here are more details on my computer's processor.

Is it like the one you recently worked on?

AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon™ HD graphics 1.70 GHz

INSTALLED MEMORY RAM: 4.00GB 3.60GB USABLE

SYSTEM TYPE 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM X64-BASED PROCESSOR

PRODUCT ID: 00179-60741-45585-AAOEM

I gotta tell you. I'm so upset. I'm now stuck with a piece of garbage that really belongs in the dumpster, and there's nothing i can do about it. :( If I could just get the flash player to work faster and not lag that would be fine with me.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Your laptop has a newer processor and more memory. The processor is only slightly faster then the older e-300 series. Your system should not be running low on memory with 4gb. So there is not much you can do upgrade wise (upgrading to 8gb even if supported wont help). I would start with creating your System recovery DVD's if you haven't already and make sure they work. Then remove all addon programs that were included with the laptop that run in the background, remove the "Free Trial" Antivirus that came with the laptop (especially if its Norton IME: it tends to be a resource hog), Enable Windows Defender. The laptop was inexpensive and its going to perform that way :(

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users