Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Batch file Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abhilash0089

abhilash0089

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

I have made a simple batch file with the following command

shutdown -s -t 10

exit

this shuts the system down in ten seconds

if i go to the start up folder and put the batch file there, the batch file is executed each time the system is started

so the system should shut down after ten seconds it's started

of course the shut down can be aborted with a  shutdown -a  command

but if the time period is really low like 2 seconds then how do i stop the pc from getting shutdown each time its started

is there any way to fix the problem or formatting is the only option left?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Boot into safe mode will override startup programs, you can boot into safe mode by pressing F8 repeatly before windows logo appears, the select safe mode, when windows booted up, delete the batch file from startup folder, then restart the machine into normal mode.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users