Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run DLL Error, Trying to remove it.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fwb_Schultz

Fwb_Schultz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Hello, I saw one of your posts on google with a list of programs like FSS and mini-toolbox. I'm currently following the steps these two took to clean up his machine.

I currently built this computer myself and only have IE and Google Chrome on for internet access. I just did a sweep with MalwareBytes and about 181 items came up. I removed all the items and now everytime I boot up the computer I get a RunDLL error.

It says, " There was a problem starting C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3225826\TBVerifier.dll The specified module could not be found."

I have Googled the DLL and most webpages say it's adware and needs to be removed. I have searched my AppData and Appdata\Temp folder for the path listed in the error but couldn't find it. I did however find the DLL listed in error in my C:\Program(x68) folder and deleted manually. 

After that didn't work I found this webpage and it's advice on running all this software. Should I follow the same instructions? Would it be better to reformat the system? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by hamluis, 30 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fwb_Schultz

Fwb_Schultz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

I ran the ad-ware program you guys have on your page. After it ran and deleted the files it prompted my machine started up with no DLL error. Seems like it did the trick. Sense Malware and Microsoft Essentials missed these files is there anything I can do to make sure there is no trace of these files on my machine?

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.
http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
Save it to your desktop.
Right click run as admin.
Hit the scan button.
Allow completion.
Make sure all items are ticked.
Hit the clean button.
Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.
The machine will reboot this is normal.
Post the log in your next reply.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

I ran the ad-ware program you guys have on your page. After it ran and deleted the files it prompted my machine started up with no DLL error. Seems like it did the trick. Sense Malware and Microsoft Essentials missed these files is there anything I can do to make sure there is no trace of these files on my machine?

Looks like we posted at the same time....

I would remove MSE and replace it with Avast or Avira.

Run a scan with Eset. You will need to disable your antivirus during this scan.
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
Make sure remove found threats and scan archives is checked.
When the scan finish list found threats save to clipboard copy to notepad Post the log here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users