Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Renaming Images In Bridge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tosca

Tosca

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

Hi, everybody. I have a small problem and it's really bugging me.

I want to rename my images in Bridge. I have the ability to batch rename but the rename function for a single image on right click is not there.

I have tried CRW, PSD and Jpeg. I've tried Photoshop open and PS closed. The files are not write protected, but nothing seems to work. I'm running CS2.

If I right click in my normal XP folders, then the function to rename is there, but I'd rather do it in Bridge.

Any ideas? :thumbsup:
Lorraine
Life is like an onion......it has many layers.........and they all STINK.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

Hi Tosca.
I could be wrong here but I believe images in bridge are just cached versions of the original. If that's the case, then not being able to simply right click and rename them would be normal I would think.

#3 Tosca

Tosca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, HitSquad, but........I've found my answer.

I'm on a photograpy forum and the screen shots of the guys' Bridge all have the rename facility, however, I obviously haven't for some obscure reason.

Anyway, today it's sorted. While an image is selected in Bridge, click on the name (i.e. CRW.009) and it will highlight and enable you to change it. Actually quicker than the right click menu.
Lorraine
Life is like an onion......it has many layers.........and they all STINK.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:22 AM

Well how 'bout that. Sometimes it's the simple things that get ya. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users