Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe flash player plugin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hipshot

hipshot

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi, I have spent several days searching for a reason that Adobe flash player will not instal & can't find any help. I'm running a desktop with WinXp, SP3. & using Firefox. I did a clean install of the operating sysytem & everything else has been loading without a hitch. It goes through the motions of installing & seems to be done. A check of it at the adobe site, indicates it's not installed. I have used adobe's uninstaller & tried several times to get it installed with no luck! It doesn't show in the Firefox plugins either. Has anyone had such an experience? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2013 - 04:19 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Visit this page: Uninstall Flash Player | Windows   What error message does it give? It may or may not be all that helpful.

Scroll through and read all the info in that link above.

Run the uninstaller again after closing all programs and browsers...anything that might use flash. Restart the computer.

Go back to the page in link above to check if Flash is uninstalled. 

You can do a file search for Macromedia Flash Player, Adobe Flash Player and Flash Player....then delete them.

This time, download and save the installer for Flash. Exit all programs and Browsers.

Find and click on the installer for Flash.

There are issues with Flash 11.3 and Firefox. See info here and if they apply to you: Issues | Flash Player 11.3 | Mozilla Firefox

Edited by buddy215, 28 November 2013 - 11:58 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Try this: How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Direct d/l latest flash:

FFox/other: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe

Internet ExPLODEr:http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe

#4 hipshot

hipshot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hi buddy 215 & Union_Thug(love your handle)!  Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have done those steps several times & although I don't use Internet Exploder, it wouldn't install there either! At this point I am going to say.....enough is enough & use my backpup drive, where everything does work. I have to think that during a fresh install of the OS, "something didn't get on the train when it left the station"! Since I posted the issue, another one cropped up, some updates would not install for uknown reasons, so I'm done. Thank you for trying to help, guys!  I'm closing this issue down.  :smash:

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Worth a try....Windows Repair (All In One) Download   (If you can't install it...there is a portable version)

Windows Repair can perform the following tasks:

• Reset Registry Permissions
  • Reset File Permissions
  • Register System Files
  • Repair WMI
  • Repair Windows Firewall
  • Repair Internet Explorer
  • Repair MDAC & MS Jet
  • Repair Hosts File
  • Remove Policies Set By Infections
  • Repair Icons
  • Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings
  • Unhide Non System Files
  • Repair Windows Updates
  • Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users