Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers interfering with windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hello to all,

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving,

I'am having problems with windows updates, I have the update set to automatically install on its own. I notice I have to go in to the update area and check for new updates so the updates get installed.

I ran a fix it test from Microsoft and the results as follows.

Drivers interfering with windows resuming sleep mode.

I have gone in to the sleep mode and taken steps to check never meaning no sleep mode is checked now. I'am hoping this might fix the problem

but my other concern is the error message gave me the message as follows

AMD multi-vendor miniport driver

file name-atikmpag.sys

publisher-advanced micro device inc

device-AMD radeon HD 6310 graphics date nov 28 2013

If you no longer use this device consider uninstalling it.

Iam not sure what else to do,  but I have tried to fix it myself going thru some areas in the device manager and I can't get any were

I also canot use the SFC-scannow that tells me in a error can't use it unless I'am administrator

Any help is appreciated

thank you for reading

Gina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

canot use the SFC-scannow that tells me in a error can't use it unless I'am administrator

Hello rp-57 -

The above is quite correct, so run it as administrator - Details below -

"Elevated Command Prompt" creates administrator privileges.

Run System File Check from an Elevated Command Prompt
1 Open Elevated Command Prompt as per above linked directions
2 Type sfc /scannow and press Enter (note the space between c and / it must be there)
3 This should not (on average) take longer than 20 minutes to finish, but depends on your system
4 NOTE : Do not touch the keyboard while this is running.

This is a place for you to start the repairs and we can continue from there.

Let us know how you go with this -

Thank You -

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hello,

still can't do the sfc /scannow I see you added the space inbetween sfc and/   and that was not pointed out to me before altho still can't get into command prompt  reason is everytime I atempt to do sfc/scannow the black screen comes up andsays must be administrator.  you see this pc was owned by some one else before me.  the results in the command black screen says.pc\lois was owned by the name lois.   this persons name is still on here.

I did go into the control panel and added my name but that only says my name and this other persons name to.  how do I undo this problem ?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

the black screen comes up andsays must be administrator. 

I think that you are not yet using an Elevated Command Prompt
To do it simple - -

Go - Start Orb > Programs > Accessories and find onlydo not click on, or open Command prompt yet.

NOW > Right click on Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator > Type sfc /scannow and press Enter

There must be a space between the c and / for it to be a command -

Command Prompt box in Window 7 will not work, unless Run as Administrator is selected first.

Thanks -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users