Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate these holidays! 

I am especially thankful for everyone at BC.   :flowers:
Hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

Just finished round one here. 

0kd1.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thank-you, Stolen! Looks Good, too....

From 1967...our tradition around here and I think more important than the turkey!

Just ain't Thanksgiving without it...

#3 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Happy thanksgiving to all!!!!!! (And happy chanukah also :))

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Happy Thanksgivukkah!

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

Happy Thanksgiving/Chanukah to one and all!!

Stolen ,

you're meal looks beautiful....What is it all...the Turkey I reconize bit it looks like it has some kind of a crust on it??

and the rest of it i don't reconize :hello: :grinner:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 Stolen

Stolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hi battyhippie!! LOL thank you for the video!! You're RIGHT! :) 

MissedPlaced! Hi and hope your Thanksgiving was very good!! How are you? Girl, you know I'll talk cooking and food with you all day long! HEHE

I made it all, yes on the turkey...family recipe from generations, sort of a crust i make out of butter and flour and spices that is spread all over the bird and roasted that way. The crumbs also make the best flavor of the gravy too. yummm. Also did the typical mashed potatoes, cranberries, southern cornbread dressing. Sweet potatoes are made with cream cheese and eggs and baked like a souffle with a crumb topping of bacon, pecans and brown sugar. 

The little molded gelatin salad is an old family recipe too...one of my all-time favorites and very traditional to have with Thanksgiving is a congealed salad of some sort. This one is a molded Waldorf salad with fresh apples, celery and walnuts inside. 

Garlic french green beans and roasted brussel sprouts rounded things out. I ran out of time and didn't make the spinach salad or the rolls! LOL but we had tons of food and it was perfect day. I am proud to say that we have the most fun and least drama around. LOL Brought some great Tres Leches cream liquor and caramel-flavored bourbon, had wine...we played Yahtzee and watched movies too :) 

Ok that's a wrap! 

#7 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Do we have anyone who celebrates chanukah here??

If so I hope your having a good holiday!!

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

With as of this post 619,881 members and a world wide audience. I am comfortable that we have at least one, possibly two or more members who celebrate Chanukah. Which ended on Thursday the 5th.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Happy Holidays All..it's good to be here! 

We've had our share of inclement weather already this year (it normally doesn't ice and snow until January or February).  We've had some pretty bad weather just as of last week and it's hanging on.  One of the drawbacks of working online is when your Internet is down.  And, we've had both phone/Internet and power failures for the last week.  Really has been difficult to get those end of the year deadlines to completion. 

Hope you all have a Safe and "Powered Up" Holiday Season....and your batteries are always included. :hello: 

#10 Stolen

Stolen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi BoostSoftware and Welcome to BC!

I'm in the south too...we have had several unsual cold snaps! I noticed this year for the first time in as long as I can remember, we have some lovely and real color change in the trees due to these arctic blasts. Usually the leaves just hang in there green until they fall off in a few months LOL.

Hope your power is back and for good.

"Powered up" and "batteries included" Happy Holidays to you too.. Thank you!!

#11 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

With as of this post 619,881 members and a world wide audience. I am comfortable that we have at least one, possibly two or more members who celebrate Chanukah. Which ended on Thursday the 5th.

Yes I assume your right my friend!

#12 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Whatever holiday you celebrate, or even if you don't....happy times, and here's to a productive 2014!

Looking forward to the Adventure,

Erin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users