Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What to do re: anti virus results. attn: Quit Man 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jojogunn

jojogunn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hello again. I keep trying to respond back to you thru the reply box at the bottom of your answers.But I get a msg. that it fails so I'm contacting you this way. I hope this not a inconvenience. My av (Avast Internet Security) which I have used now for along time. I have always gone by the default settings it comes with. I am trying educate myselt so I can have more advanced knowledge and learn how not to always go by the default settings but learn how to choose them on my own. The way advanced users do. The Avast default setting for dealing with the results is do nothing at all. That way I can choose what option to take ie: from your last response re. all the msg's "all files could not be scanned". All the files say error:archive is password protected. I totally understand your reply. What I need to know is when I choose which option to use ie:repair/move to chest/delete/or do nothing at all. Do to your reply on the scan results we are talking about, common sense tells me to do nothing at all because  it might cause a problem if I choose to repair,move to vault or delete. I read in one of your forums that deleting non malicious files can cause serious problems. The reason I'm so confused is because for the last week I have been communication back and forth, back and forth with a consultant from MBAM. I use MBAM Pro. ON rare occasions after quick scan it finds a pup. I only contacted MBAM to learn what to do to prevent the pups so I do not get them. Trying to educate myself like I am doing with you. I totally understand his expanation all about pups, what they are and how they come about. How to prevent them. But he is continuosly sending me links to all these programs ie: ADwARE by blp. comp.'s.DDS and mainly he's wanting me to run Combo Fix. I learned in your forums the people who do not have the experience should not use that program without someone who is experience with them. He still insists I use it by following his explicit directions. Again, my pc is ok. I'm only trying to learn and become more experienced. I would prefer not to go on with all these different security programs he's got me using. If something's not broken, don't fix it. My main question is the original quest. above unless you think I should cont. on running all these sec. programs mbam has me doing. Sorry for the long response here but I am only trying to learn things and mbam is confusing me. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hello jojo -
Judging by the fact that you are not able to reply to this thread, wakes me wonder if you may have a current infection, or some other problem that the consultant from MBAM has discovered. These people are experts in tracking infections, as well as the use of their programs.

Please note that I know that these people are very busy, and would not single you out for "extra help" just for something to do on a quiet day to look busy.
I do have a fair history on that forum, and you can check my name and details there at any time -

Back to my main reason for posting this. If you look at the Top Line above your first post in this topic, you will see a Black box that says Reply to this Topic, also at the bottom of my reply there is a Light Blue box that says More Reply Options. You then just hit Add Reply as per normal.

Either of these methods should give you a reply box to answer this particular topic. If they do not, please say so and we will tell you what other options to take -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users