Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't uninstall programs.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin_07

Penguin_07

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

I just recently updated yo Windows 8 Pro (not pirated). My Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 does not open as it doesn't support this operating system. I want to uninstall it. I go to control panel, then programs and features and find Kaspersky and click uninstall. The uninstall wizard opens and midway I get an error message saying-This version of Kaspersky doesn't support your operating system.

Is there any way I can uninstall it? I will download any softwares if needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Please follow the instructions here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

mate if you get stuck then you can try removing it silently with WMIC

if you goto run and type cmd and then once the comamnd prompt window is open type this command

wmic product get name | sort

This should dump a whole list of installed applciations which can be uninstalled with wmic product class.

Then once you get a list, find the Kaspersky and then execute the command like so

wmic product where name="Google Earth" call uninstall /nointeractive

Note i am just using Google earth as an examaple and your name will be different, if it was successfull then the Return value will be 0.

{
        ReturnValue = 0;
};

Not sure if people realise the power of wmic scripting and using batch on a domain!!

#4 Shay40

Shay40

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

I have installed a Program in my Laptop I have windows 8 I decided after I installed it I wanted to uninstall  and I can not find where u can see all the program on your computer so if you want to uninstall it you can. I even went in control panel and I can't figure out how to pull it up. Can u Tell me how to pull it up.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-a-program-in-windows/

Once on the page, click the link for Windows 7 and 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users