Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Master's dissertation computer security help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Senbon

Senbon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Dear Friendssmile.gif

Greetings to all of you. I have a request to you all on what dissertation topic is suitable for MSc dissertation in terms of computer security ? 

If you could light some knowledge on the guidelines that is required to follow to achieve a good computer security dissertation for MSc , much appreciated.

I need help on finding good computer security topic for dissertation and what are the knowledge, skills required to successful finish whatever dissertation topic you could be suggesting me to do.

If I can have orderly guidelines(objectives) to achieve the dissertation topic you recommending me, I am grateful to youflowers.gif.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. Also edited topic to remove unnecessary excessive post formating. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

What are you passionate about?  For me personally, it is passwords.  Take a look at how passwords have progressed over the past 20 years.  Dan Gooden from ArsTechnica has had a number of great postings showing how passwords that we thought were secure, really aren't.

How the Bible and YouTube are fueling the next frontier of password cracking tells how these passwords were found.

All too often we blame the users when a web site loses their passwords.  Instead of placing the blame where it belongs on the web site for:

1. Losing the passwords

2. Having them in a format that someone can tell what they are

You can close with a possible password alternative, like SQRL.  Steve Gibson's website www.grc.com has a lot of good information, Perfect Passwords, Password Haystacking, and Perfect Paper Passwords.    Steve also does a weekly podcast, Security Now!.

Ask yourself why do we have passwords?

Why do they have to be secure?

Why do they have to be changed regularly?

Does requiring the password to have certain things really make it more secure?

This will require you to question everything you have been taught about passwords.

I've been meaning to write up something myself, but just haven't gotten around to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users