Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Normal configuration changes or...?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MJPRCE

MJPRCE

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hi again.

(I'm guessing I post really good brainteasers at this point) (or pretty stupid questions - I'll poke fun at myself before anyone else tries it).

I've installed some updates (automatically - I'm not clever enough to determine what updates I really need and when they get installed), and I've noticed that sometimes on shutting down it'll say to wait while windows configures changes. But what changes are they exactly? They're never listed, it just says wait - and that's it! Is there a way to find out what changes it's made, and revert those changes manually if necessary?

Thanks.....anyone...for any assistance they can provide on this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

The changes are The windows updates being configured that were recently installed. Windows can't updated files that are being used so the changes are made when you turn off (or restart) the computer. To find out if Updates are pending you can lock the Computer and there will be a notification on the lock screen, or you can go into Windows updates and it will prompt you to restart. 

Edit: You will notice these "changes" usually happen after "Patch Tuesday" (The second Tuesday Of the Month)

Edited by Sneakycyber, 29 November 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users