Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus through zip file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 upsetkaz

upsetkaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hello, many apologies if I .am not doing this right but I believe I have been asked to attach these.

Please could you let me know if this is correct?Attached File  attach.txt   14.89KB   1 downloadsAttached File  dds.txt   23.75KB   3 downloadsAttached File  dds.txt   23.75KB   3 downloads

Really hoping someone will be kind enough to take a look and advise what may be the problem. If I need to do anything please just let me know. I will keep coming back to this site regularly in the hope someone will be able to help.

Thank you again

Karen

Edited by upsetkaz, 27 November 2013 - 04:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi, upsetkaz! I'm going to try to help you out. :)

Before we get started, here are some things I need you to remember:

• Please don't make any changes to your computer until I'm done helping you without asking me first! This will make it practically impossible for me to assist you.
  • Please don't run things without asking me first, this will also make it impossible for me to help you.
  • If you're getting help elsewhere, or have already resolved the problem, please let me know so I can close this thread.
  • Please respond to me within five days of me replying to you. If you need more time, please let me know. I will close topics that I have not received a response from within five days.
  • Please be patient with me. I'm a human just like you, so I need some time to analyze your logs and responses so I can correctly help you. I should respond to you within two days, but if I haven't, please send me a PM! I may have missed your response.
  • If something goes wrong, you don't understand something, or you don't know what to do, please stop and ask me before proceeding with any further steps!

First, I'd like you to run a different scan to get some more information about your computer, which we will then use to begin fixing things. :)

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

I need you to run a scan with FRST.

• Download the version of FRST that is designed for your system from here, and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which one is designed for your system, download both and try running both. Only one will work correctly, and that's the one you need to use.
  • Double click the program to run it. Say Yes on the disclaimer and click the Scan button.
  • Once it's done scanning, FRST will create two logs on your desktop, FRST.txt and addition.txt. Please copy and paste both into your reply, one at a time.

Gunto

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#3 upsetkaz

upsetkaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Hello Gunto

Thank you very much for responding to my enquiry that is so very kind of you.

Since posting this I have took my laptop to pc world who has managed to get rid of virus/worm I had from the zip file opened via email.

Thank you once again.

regards

Karen

#4 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users