Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There is no sound on my computer when I connect my speakers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kusai

Kusai

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Alright, first I had a pair of speaker with a plug working fine but then the left speaker stopped working so I unplugged them and got new usb speakers and connected them after some days as I was busy but they are not working, and when I connect the old speakers,they are not working as well.The speakers are just fine seems something wrong with my computer, I tried all the possible options in realtek HD audio manager.PLease Help? :unsure:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

The USB speakers replace the Built-in sound and do not use it. They should be installed as USB sound devices or words to that effect.

Go to the sound section of the control panel and see what is set for sound playback device. Is this XP?

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yup rotor I'm using XP, and I went to the sound section and the sound playback device is realtek HD audio output as default & speaker settings are set to desktop stereo speakers.

Edited by Kusai, 27 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

If You want to use USB speakers, You should be able to select them once they are plugged in. They replace the sound card.

Good Luck

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for your answer Sir, :) I have speakers somewhat like this - https://www.modmypi.com/image/cache/data/raspberry-pi-accessories/usb-speakers-800x800.jpg

They are USB alright but they come with a 3.5mm jack as well which gets connected to the sound card(green hole).I connected the usb to the computer and the jack to my mobile and played some stuff on my mobile and it played fine on the speakers,but when I connect the jack to the computer there is no sound, I guess Am I doing something wrong with the options of realtek or something else?? :scratchhead:

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

OK, I see what they are doing. Instead of supplying a Power supply for the speakers they are regular powered speakers that get powered from the USB port.

These are not USB speakers, They are USB powered speakers instead.

Real USB Speakers have electronics in them that acts as a sound card.

Check the Sound Mixer (Volume Control)  and see if the volume is turned down for any of the options or if Mute is selected. Usually double clicking on the little sound speaker in the bottom right corner of the screen should bring this up.

This is a sample

AlShc.png.

Notice that in this image, Line in is muted. That is probably to reduce noise.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 28 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.

167 @ June 2015

#7 Kusai

Kusai
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Oh yeah USB powered speakers, :thumbsup: sorry about that, btw the volume control seems to be fine, Here----sound.jpg

Edited by Kusai, 28 November 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm afraid I am out of suggestions. I battled with no sound where everything looked fine for a week. Then about 2 months later the speakers started working OK again.

Originally when You say One speaker lost sound it sounds like a bad speaker or Amp.

One Question, is this a Desktop computer? if so do the front speaker jacks work? If it is a self built computer is the wiring for the front jack connected and connected properly? Some home built the front jack routes the sound through to the rear speakers when nothing is plugged in and disconnects them when a headphone is plugged in for example so that both are not playing at the same time. In that case a bad front jack or wiring can cause your problem too.

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users