Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Waking From Sleep, Cannot Make Sense of -lastwake

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roburt

Roburt

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

In the past I have done things like prevent mouse and keyboard and network card from waking my PC in the middle of the night, but I can't really figure out what change to make to prevent it from waking from this (see attached).  I also don't know what I would have changed to make this start happening out of nowhere.  

Attached File  lastwake.jpg   63.12KB   0 downloads

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70734939@N02/11086103314/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

thats because windows maintenance tasks are being run and in order for them to run the wake up has to happen so see what is alowed to wake the computer by running

PowerCfg -DEVICEQUERY wake_programmable

then simply disable the task that you want, rememebr if using WOL packets then leave the Ethernet enabled.

then to disable it choose

powercfg -DEVICEDISABLEWAKE <devicename>

Device name is what is populated from the last command.

Like so:

powercfg -DEVICEDISABLEWAKE "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet"

#3 Roburt

Roburt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Still not quite following you.  I think I did what I was told.  Thanks for your help by the way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70734939@N02/11095396724/

#4 Roburt

Roburt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Nevermind! I forgot all my settings pretty much got set back to factory when I updated to 8.1... DUH! I personally don't like windows updates to download and install on their own.  I like to check every few days and install manually.  This setting was set back to recommended setting of download and install.

Thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users