Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP......

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theplumbersmrs

theplumbersmrs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Im completely computer illiterate so sorry if this is a simple problem. My daughter has been on my computer and done something... i can turn my computer on and the icons on the desktop load although i can load anything and the only way i can turn the computer off is the power button. Any ideas why i cant access the icons?? Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

You might have to ask your daughter.  A common pratical joke is to take a screen shot of the Desktop and set it as the background and then hide the Taskbar and not show the desktop icons.  The result is exactly what you're seeing.

What happens when you press the Windows key?

What happens when you move your mouse to the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users