Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NightShadeGhost

NightShadeGhost

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hi.

Right now I am having a few problems. When I try to view a webpage, nearly 2/3 of the time I have a dialog box that pops up. At the top it'll say Webpage Error. Then "Do you want to debug this webpage? The webpage contains errors that might prevent it from displaying or working correctly. If you are not testing this webpage, click No." I get the option to check a box that says "Do not show this message again." I can click not to show the message again, but I contionously get the dialoge box popping up on different webpages (am currently in the process of writing three papers so the webpages range from .org sites to regular .com sites). The error message is different each time. I have gone through my internet settings and made sure that the boxes for the script boxes to not show up is checked. The dialog boxes still show up.

Another problem I have is Java. I have attempted to download Java twice tonight alone. Each time I try to verify it, there are problems.

I also cannot download anything, like Lightroom from Adobe. Each time I tried I get a dialoge box which says "Security Alert. Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I have gone through Internet Settings and I have the downloading of files checked.

My computer has been very slow and freezes for ten mintues at a time.

I have no clue if all of the above is connected or even virus related, but I tried to recall all of the troubles I was having.

My computer runs Windows 7 and I have run Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and have put my computer through the Disk Defragmenter. My computer runs the free edition of AVG. And I think that's all the information I can think to give. If more information is needed, I will do my best to provide it.

Edited by NightShadeGhost, 26 November 2013 - 11:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hi -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txtCopy / Paste the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -

Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.
Close any Firefox browsers you may have open
Checkmark the following boxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and Copy / Paste the result (Result.txt).

Next -

Please download and run RKill by Grinler. Double click on the icon

A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
If a log is produced, save it, or post it back here -

If you are having problems, it will run in Safe Mode also.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button. (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Click on the Clean button. (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -

Please scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner
Disable active Antivirus and Antimalware programs How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
This scan is best performed with Internet Explorer, as it uses ActiveX
If you will not use Internet Explorer, then please read item 3 in this post
1 - Open Internet Explorer and hold down Control (Ctrl) key and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 - Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3 - For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- a - Click on eset.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- b - Double click on the  icon on your desktop.
4 - Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
5 - Click the Start button.
6 - Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 - Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 - Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology

9 - ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
10 - Please be patient as this will take some time (first time scans are always longer).
11 - When the scan completes, click List Threats
12 - Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
13 - Click the Back button and then Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
If no infections are found then please tell me -
You can ignore any ESET detection of AdwCleaner...it is a false positive detection.

To Clean Up -

Please download Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer.

Usage Instructions:

• Download TFC from the download link above and save the file on your desktop.
  • Close ALL running applications as TFC will terminate them before attempting to clean up the temporary files.
  • Double-click on the TFC icon.
  • When the program opens, click on the Start button.  TFC will terminate the Explorer process and all running applications and then begin the process of cleaning out all of your temp folders.
  • When done, press OK and reboot your computer to finish the cleanup.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users