Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox pop-up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 m7bs

m7bs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

I've been getting a pop-up box on firefox that says "the page at http://servedby.flashtalking.com says: undefined". Any ideas on how to remove this from a mac? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Try cleaning up the temp files using CCleaner for Mac OS X  or doing it manually.

Check the add-ons/ extensions in Firefox and other browsers. Remove or disable any you don't recognize as being installed by you.

If you have recently installed something that is likely the source of the adware especially if it was free and not from the Apple Store.

Install the add-on Adblock Plus for Firefox. Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox

Block Third Party/ ad/ tracking cookies in Firefox. Once blocked, delete existing third party cookies or simply delete all cookies in Firefox 

and other browsers. Disable third-party cookies in IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome | How To - CNET

Blocking third-party cookies in Safari

Third-party cookies appear to be blocked by default in Safari. But, should you want to check or change the setting, here's how to block third-party cookies in Safari:

1. Click the gear icon at the top-right of the window, and then click on Preferences in the menu that appears.
  2. Click on the Security tab.
  3. Make sure that under Accept cookies the selected option is Only from sites I visit.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tgdetjen

tgdetjen

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Go to preferences in Firefox (upper right corner) and select "content."  Now check the box, "Block pop-ups."

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

This was posted this morning in #8  on this topic: servedby.flashtalking.com? - Am I infected? What do I do?

Hi Everyone

I am CTO of Flashtalking. 

This is not a virus or malware or in anyway harmful - it is a simply mistake by a junior JavaScript developer who left a JavaScript debugging message in a live creative, the message just showed the value of a JavaScript variable, nothing in any way malicious.

The issue is now resolved, if you clear your cache and are still having the issue please email me direct dan at flashtalking.com and I will have your issue looked into.

On behalf of the junior developer i would like to apologize to all of you for any inconvenience caused. We have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.

Thank and sorry again.

Dan

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users