Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

in major need of help!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 taylor2930

taylor2930

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

everytime I open my laptop, a pop up says that mpclient.dll is missing from my computer and I need to reinstall the program so that it will work.  I was trying to install Microsoft security essentials, but it will not allow me to do it because of some Microsoft security client issue.  I have no idea what is going on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Try reinstalling the Windows Defender program; if the problem is not solved, check the program directory for mpclient.dll by going to Search, All Files and Folders, More Advanced Options and selecting Search Hidden Files and Folders. If the file is not available in the program directory, you will need to download it either directly from Microsoft or from a reliable third party web source.

edit: to manually replace it if no go on the reinstall... dl it first from a safe place or copy it off another machine, then

1. Save MpClient.dll to C:WindowsSystem32winsxsamd64_security-malware-windows-defender_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_b3b1a27171e01f6c
  2. Type regsvr32 MpClient.dll and press Enter in CMD window

Edited by TsVk!, 26 November 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#3 taylor2930

taylor2930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

none of this has helped me.  I have tried everything on my computer.  I tried reinstalling it, but it will not reinstall.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

So you downloaded the dll file and placed it in place, executed it... and it still can't find it?

Might be time to run "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt.

If that doesn't work do a repair installation from either the harddrive (if it has a recovery partition), by pressing f8 at boot, or from disk.

#5 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

I would seriously consider doing a Repair Installation.

Good Tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Good Luck

#6 taylor2930

taylor2930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

no I did not download the dll file.  it never would let me do anything.

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

ok... well if you can't do it manually, you have to use the auto procedures outlined above.

Let us know how you get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users