Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build. Problem: No Video so far

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chaostoday

chaostoday

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hello,

Just completed a new build and so far I have no Video so I can't even see if there are any other issues.

System is:

Rosewill Galaxy ATX Case

MSI FM2-A85XMA-E35 FM2 Trinity AMD A85X Motherboard

AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo)- APU

Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Memory

CORSAIR CX600 PSU

Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM

I set-up the unit and made all connections. APU appears seated correctly and memory seems to be seated correctly.

I have the old 250GB HDD from the Dell installed in SATA1 slot. I have not been able to start the new OS since I have no video.

I connected one Blu Ray writer to the unit to have an optical drive for OS install. It's in SATA2

Keyboard, mouse and monitor are the only other connections at this point.

I was waiting to connect all other hardware once the OS was installed.

I believe all other wires are connected to the Mother board correctly.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Are you able to see the BIOS or is it like there is zero video signal getting to the monitor?

3939.png

#3 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

I have nothing on the screen. It's almost like the monitor isn't hooked up. I had this issue once before with memory installed wrong. It was a black screen. Fixed the memory and it was fine.
I'm fairly sure my memory is fine. I just wonder if I seated my processor correctly. It's been awhile. But I appreciate your reply and I know I will be very happy with this build once I fix it.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Which video connection are you using?

Is there a speaker you can attach to get beep codes?

I didn't see anything in the manual about troubleshooting that board.

#5 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

There is a speaker that came with either the motherboard or the case. I have it hooked up and there is no beeps. Does that make you think processor?
The processor has on board video and I'm using that versus a video card. I have the monitor hooked up to the digital video out. Should I get an adapter and try the analog?

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I'd try the VGA connection and see if that helps.  I'd think you'd get a beep code if it was a CPU or RAM issue.

#7 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I was under the impression that the unit would at least beep during its initial boot. I don't even get that. I will try the VGA later tonight and see if that helps. I will report back.
Thanks again!

#8 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Oh we'll. I got the wrong DVI to VGA adapter and couldn't test the VGA out. I did hook up via HDMI and still got no signal. I'm back to square one and desperate for help. Please....

#9 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Have you verified the CPU is in properly?  This will requiring cleaning off the thermal paste and applying more.

Other than that you'll have to either contact MSI for guidance or possibly install a known good video card.

#10 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Have you verified the CPU is in properly?  This will requiring cleaning off the thermal paste and applying more.

Other than that you'll have to either contact MSI for guidance or possibly install a known good video card.

Yes. CPU was installed correctly. Found I had a bad connection from the MOBO to the CPU power connector from the PSU. Replaced the PSU with an older unit and it posted. New PSU will be here Friday.

Thanks for all your help and all the other great advice I received. It's very much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users