Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems after Windows 7 clean install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spelunk73

spelunk73

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Windows 7 crashed after security essentials found this virus PWS: Win32/Zbot.gen !AP. I decided to do a clean install of windows 7. I formatted the hard drive and installed windows 7 pro. It was stable for 20 mins while I was updating windows 7, windows explorer etc.. then I got the dreaded blue screen and it crashed. I did reboot and I got the same result shortly after booting up. Any ideas? is there something I need to do to the hard drive and then re-install windows 7? thanks for the help

Edited by spelunk73, 25 November 2013 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Whenever you want to really get rid of a virus infection run Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN).  This will completely wipe the drive.  Then reinstall Windows.

It could be one of the Windows updates causing the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and you might be fine just continuing the updates until they have all been applied.

#3 spelunk73

spelunk73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thanks, ran DBAN overnight and completing clean install, so far so good.

Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.
Removed subscript - Hamluis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users