Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop running slow want to upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fraser32

Fraser32

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hi all i am new to the forum and in need of advice.

I am really into video and film editing and have recently purchased a new camera (very expensive) and new editing software (which also wasnt cheap)

Anyway spent the last few days filming and yesterday i went to start editing on my laptop but it was running very slow!

So i decided to completely restore my computer to factory settings and try again.

Computer loaded program faster but during play back it skipped constantly and will be impossible to use.

Looking for advice on what i can do in the way of upgrading as i cant afford a new computer.

My computer is a HP pavilion G6
Current specs are:

Amd a6-3400m APU with radeon hd graphics 1.40ghz

8gb RAM (7.48 gb usable)

64bit operating system.

Just wanted to know my options for improving playback and overall operating speed??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fraser32

Fraser32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Please help :)

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

You really don't have much of an upgrade path with that machine, or most laptops for that matter.

From Crucial you already have the maximum amount of RAM, that may change if you can give the specific model of your machine, but I doubt it.

The only other possibility would be a Solid State Drive (SSD), but I don't think you'd see that much improvement.

Laptops don't have that many options for upgrades.  You are pretty much limited to RAM and hard drive.

#4 Fraser32

Fraser32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ok thanks thats a shame ill just have to see what i can get in the form of a pc. (Build as per my other post or buy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users