Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Novice person need help with computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hello

I wanted to buy this computer but I need help.

• Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz QUAD Core Haswell Processor

• 16GB DDR3 1333 RAM

• 1TB hard drive

• DVDRW drive

• Superb Intel HD 4600 On board Graphics

• Microsoft Windows 8 Home Premium

• 21.5in 1920 x 1080 LED Gloss Black Monitor

• 6 x USB 2.0 Ports (2 front, 4 rear)

• 1 x DVI Port

• 1 x VGA Port

• 1 x 16x PCIe Slot

• Amazing HD Audio on board

• Stylish finger print resistance case

• Wireless b/g/n network card

• Windows 8 Keyboard & Mouse

I want to get this for games.

My question is: Is this computer enough for playing new games like COD ghost or Battlefield 4? Is this computer (zoostorm) good? Is it worth 900 pounds? I want computer for at least 2 years running with no problems with games. Can you please give me your opinions, It will help me a lot because i don't know anything about computers. I want to choose one from littlewoods becouse I'll buy it for monthly pay so I can't build computer somewhere else. Not enough of cash :( There's few gaming pc's over there if anyone can check and give me details of which one is the best for good price I would like something cheeper but 900 is my boudget.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

hmmm..

A 4th gen. i-7 is wonderful, but the 3rd gen i-5 is sweeter on the budget with equivalent functionality for most applications. 16 gb RAM is a nice concept, but 8gb is a smug amount for less bucks.

right there you just cleared up enough funds to consider your dedicated graphics card which is pretty important in the scheme.   we need more info about the motherboard, cooling apparatus planning and power supply.

the other details in your bundle look spot on.

custom builds are recommended often, but sometimes the bundle/package deal is what an end user desires.

i would definitely expect a good deal for 900 gbp

Edited by synergy513, 24 November 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hello Senior

The problem is that this computer have to be from littlewoods becouse this is only sites where i can get one (pay monthly - bad credit score) and this is inforamtions from site. If its not a problem for you would you have a look on littlewoods and see if there's any better deal for me in desktop pc's? I will be gratefull.

#4 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

by the way. If i can get something enough for games for me for less than 900 I will be even more happy. This was example of one i seen.

#5 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Maybe this one:

As our most popular family member, the Zoostorm Intel® Core™ i5 Quad core processor delivers amazing performance and stunning visuals. Enjoy the thrill of an automatic burst of speed when you need it with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology.

Quad Core processing power means you have the power of four processors working when you need them. Meaning you can play music, surf the web, down load files and back up your system simultaneously without compromising on performance.

Experience your movies, photos, and games smoothly and seamlessly with Microsoft’s windows 8 and a suite of visual enhancements built into the processor—no extra hardware required. Connect to your router wirelessly allowing you to place the computer were ever you want it. Get a boost in your performance that you can truly see and feel.

The only thing more amazing than a Zoostorm Intel® Core™ i5 system, is what you’ll do with it.

Useful Information:

• Intel® Core™ i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad Core Processor
  • FREE McAfee Antivirus Plus Software
  • 16Gb DDR3 RAM
  • 1Tb hard drive
  • 23in 1920 x 1080 HD LED Gloss Black Monitor
  • DVD RW drive
  • Nvidia 2GB GTX660 Dedicated Gaming Graphics Card
  • Microsoft Windows 8
  • 6 x USB 2.0 Ports (2 front, 4 rear)
  • 1 x DVI Port
  • 1 x VGA Port
  • 1 x HDMI Port
  • HD Audio on board
  • Stylish finger print resistance case
  • Wireless b/g/n network card

but this one is for 1150 pounds. What do u think? Thank you

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

that one seems more like a better deal, but with the 1150 price, out of range.

maybe this :

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/computers-internet/computers/desktop-computer-ratings/models/overview/gateway-dx4870-ub318-99047446.htm

this unit is without the graphics card and monitor, and prolly is with a wimpy power supply , but leaves alot of room in the budget @ 400 USD, what is that in gbp, like 220?

also, you may want windows 8.1. you can shell windows 8 into a windows 7 interface, there are add-ons available.

http://www.littlewoods.com/zoostorm-7911-4353-intelreg-coretrade-i5-16gb-1tb-wifi-215in-desktop-bundle-black/1315541217.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f101003

that one is 800 gbp, but the gt640 will get a nice start, it is the nvidia equivalent of a nice card i have been lining up for my xp32 platform, the r7 250

Edited by synergy513, 25 November 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#7 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

the second one from littlewoods for 800 why this one has 2 graphic cards? Nividia and superb graphic hd 2500 on board? what does it mean? Do you think this one will be ok? It have to be from littlewoods.

#8 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,065 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

the intel hd2500 is what the motherboard has integrated (onboard) , the nvidia is the dedicated hardware that slips into the pci slot.  most users love having that integrated video for use as a back-up or to use whilst swapping the cards and wiping drivers/installing drivers.

my win7x64 machine has a motherboard that doesn't have the integrated video, and i know one day  i will grieve over its abscence. my xp32 machine has the integrated onboard video and i have found myself using it quite a few times as i was uninstalling and installing the dedicated graphics hardware.

I must ask if there is anything stopping you from bypassing the PC equipment for games, and using  a console like xbox or playstation?

PCs for gaming is really a world that does require significant research and funds.

#9 jaskozoska666

jaskozoska666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well. I like strategy games and mouse. I bought ps3 last year. Every game i had I'd putaway after 1 mounth without finishing. Iam just getting bored of playin on pad. I was thinking about ps4 but it's the same problem anyway. Someone said to me that I can connect mouse to ps3 or ps4 but when I'd start read about it there's so many issues with delay etc. I don't think there's anything on ps3 or 4 like age of empires or red alert etc. this is games Iam looking forward so probably need computer. Consoles are something new for me I was born on pc's maybe that's why. I had exbox 2 years ago and I played few times only

Edited by jaskozoska666, 25 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users