Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Clicks and types words by itself

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Delphinus

Delphinus

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

My computer officially has the strangest issue I have ever seen. When it started, I blamed it on the fact that I had spilled a couple drops of liquid into my keyboard, figuring even though I unplugged and cleaned, then dried the keyboard, that it was to blame for the quirky behavior my PC would have every so often.

At first, my PC would seem to go crazy once in a great while (2-3 times a month), random clicking, charms popping up, switching windows, start screen popping up on it's own. I would usually have to reboot the PC to get the issue to go away. More recently, it happened, start screen came up, and words began to type in start search without me touching the keyboard, not just random letters, actual words. This cast doubt in my mind that my issue was caused by a short in my keyboard as I can't fathom how a faulty keyboard could actually type English by itself. Again, rebooting my PC makes the problem go away, and sometimes it will stop on it's own after several seconds if I just wait.

A few days ago, it happened again, and this time it really freaked me out because when it started typing in the search from the start screen, I noticed that it wasn't just random words, it was actually part of a line from a document saved on my PC being typed up without me pressing any keys. I would tend to think that this was some sort of very strange virus, but it has been going on for several months now, and I performed a wipe and reinstall of Windows when 8.1 was released. So, I'm rather stumped at this point and wondering if anyone has any idea what the heck is going on with my computer because at this point I'm tempted to start believing that my PC is haunted by a ghost.

Moderator Edit: Moved from Windows 8 forum to a more appropriate forum.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 26 November 2013 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delphinus

Delphinus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Since it had been a while, and the admin who had moved this topic suggested I could have a RAT, I decided to try running some virus scans again. I have run scans with Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, and Malwarebytes Anti Rootkit, as well as TDSSKiller. All but the last one came out with no threats found. TDSSKiller found nothing with a regular scan, but when I enabled all the options, it found two suspicious loaded modules. 07750112 (HiddenService.Multi.Generic) and MBAMSwissArmy (HiddenService.Multi.Generic). I'm guessing the latter of the two is a false positive, but have no idea about the first.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hello -

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

If you are unable to complete any step, please post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

NOTE:  Windows 8.1 will not create the requested logs, so just repost this to the area linked above -

If Help Bot responds to your topic, please follow his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

Thank You -

#4 beachstreet

beachstreet

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

This can happen if the computer is infected with a virus.

The virus is called the FORM virus. There are different variations of this FORM virus.

The virus is a Boot Partition infector. (Not a MBR infector).

Depending on the most common variants, Form will cause the keyboard to click on a date of either the 18th or the 24th.

However other variants exist that can cause problems all the time or only in May for example.

The virus can be cleaned on a DOS system by using a clean boot diskette with the Sys file on it, and using the SYS  command at a DOS command prompt..

You need to also re-Format all potentially infected floppies or other media used by this computer after cleaning up.

Not sure about how to clean on other systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users