Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Not Connecting To Internet Websites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Problem Child

Problem Child

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:40 AM

hey i have a problem with my firefox it does not seem to be loading websites

The last thing i done before it stuffed up is.. I was trying to remove that annoying virus thing called Spyfalcon i ended up removing the virus and thats when firefox couldnt load any websites up

would anyone know how i could get it fixed? if i uninstall it i think i'll end up losing all my saved passwords on it

Edited by Problem Child, 03 May 2006 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

If you uninstall Ff through Windows add/delete, you will not lose your bookmarks or passwords; these are kept in a separate folder that is not affected by the Ff uninstall process. Then, when you re-install Ff, all your personal preferences and data will be there; you may, however, have to re-install any extensions.
Can you load websites with IE?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:02 AM

Also,when you go to re-install Firefox,make sure you install the version with the latest updates,the newest only being released yesterday,version 1.5.0.3.

Obviously you will need to do this by visiting the site using internet explorer if you cant get there with the firefox you have. The site you need is: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

See how everything goes after this,also you may want to download Ewido anti-malware if you have not already,just to help get rid of any gremlins that Spyfalcon may have left,it is free software and i advise using it whenever appropriate,just go to the ewido website via google.

Hows it looking now?
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#4 Problem Child

Problem Child
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:33 PM

thanks it works only because norton internet security blocked access to firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users