Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.dowloader.?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miasma

miasma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:15 AM

This one attempts to send emails in rapidly to addresses that are not in my address book. Norton 2005 blocks them, and my screen fills up with the Norton notices of the blocking action. On boot up, Norton advises that I have a trojan, but doesn't identify it and cannot find it on a scan. Adaware SE finds two--both identified as Trojan.Downloader. apparently it regenerates itself on reboot. The only way I'm able to stay on line this long is by disabling Norton, running Adaware, and then proceeding.

It's hard to proceed when you can't get a specific ID on the thing(s), but the path is C/Windows/system32/zlbw.dll.

Thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

Welcome miasma

Lets see if we can get rid of this for you.

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5 in "SAFE MODE".
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan [ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.]
a-squared Web Malware Scanner
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users