Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no audio output

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flutered

flutered

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

folks my lappy a dell latitude d810 was giving grief, it was running xp, i tried to reboot it using a non dell version of xp, this of course would not work, i got hold of a dell vista disc which booted it up and got it running fine, everything in the garden is rosy except i do not have any sound, i get the message no audio output, i went on to dells site, but it cannot figure out what to do with a machine running vista when it should be running xp, your help again please and thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Same or related topic? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514644/windows-xp-downloads/#entry3210667

However, go to dell support site and try using the XP audio sigmatel driver instead. On certain cases, including network and video drivers not available or not supported on some computer model upgrade/downgrade OS, they would work but take note that they could cause also some bluescreens after installing them which means it is not compatible. A Windows update, missing service pack or check for update by a device manager is also another option. Hope this helps.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users