Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs will only run as administrator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JayCoops

JayCoops

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

All of my programs will not open using a double left mouse click. If I right click and run as administrator, it will then work. Some of my programs/applications do not have a run as administrator option, therefore preventing me from using it at all. When changing to a different user (standard user account), this problem doesn't happen. I turned my UAC off but then once restarting the computer and trying again, it won't even open with the run as administrator command. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I go about resolving this? It's becoming quite annoying.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

You could have a corrupted user account.

Have you tried creating another administrator account?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JayCoops

JayCoops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi dc, 

It appears you could be right. I've changed the created user account to an administrator and it opens everything fine.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

You could leave it this way and just create another non-administrator user account.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JayCoops

JayCoops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think that's what I will do. I'll just have to move some of my files over to the other account. A pain in the rear end, but if it gets rid of the problem I'll have no choice.

Thanks for your help.  :thumbup2:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

You are more than welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users