Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resource streaming software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 senatortubes

senatortubes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi guys,

I once worked at a company that was using resource streaming software. The software was installed on all of the computers present in the company. If you needed to render something graphically intensive, you had to use the software. This software checked which nodes were currently not in use, and combined the cpu power of them to render the model. However I can't find this kind of software on the internet and I forgot its name. If you know a few names of similar software, could you give them to me? It would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jayges7

jayges7

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hello there:

Maybe I understanding wrong but I think that what you are looking is something like this:

http://opensourcevfx.org/tag/render-queue/

Hope this help you!

#3 senatortubes

senatortubes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Thanks, I also found the website while searching myself. The point is that the queue manager should be executable on every system. I'llhave to search for specifics and test several of them to find out which one is suitable.Thanks for your effort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users