Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU thermal shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leighton27

Leighton27

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

I just brought a new motherboard and everything was fine. After 5 minutes it shut down due to the fan not being properly connected. The CPU got hot so the computer auto shutdown, now every time i turn on the computer i get a red light and two flash's which means CPU thermal shutdown, due to it being hot. Now every time i turn on the computer i can't get it to start because of this red light message, do i have to reset the CMOS or something i don't believe my i7 CPU is dead though for it does the same thing to my i5 CPU, what do you think is the next step? I mean in terms of stopping the repeated CPU message so i can load the BIOS.

Edited by Leighton27, 23 November 2013 - 09:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Check your motherboard manual. Some motherboards have a jumper that can be moved to reset the CMOS to factory defaults.

#3 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Check your motherboard manual. Some motherboards have a jumper that can be moved to reset the CMOS to factory defaults.

Yes i have tried that, still nothing has changed.

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

If the CPU is not properly cooled, it can literally start melting internally within a second or two. And if you then keep trying to force it to run, it can actually burst into flames. That's why motherboards are designed to power down, so they don't set your house on fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users