Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgot Windows 7 password; no disk done to restore it

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maria sts

Maria sts

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

I forgot Windows password  (Asus X534C, windows 7 Home Premium) and don't have a disk done to restore it. I'm the unique user. I think that I have my account as Administrator, but I am not sure.

In the 3 kinds of safe mode, always asks the password before showing anything more. Thus, I don't know how to open command prompt...

I read about some tools to do this, but I don't dare to use them without your advice, afraid they are unsafe. 

I found:

- Password Recovery Bundle 

- PCUnlocker

- Windows Password Key

Are they safe and efficient or do you have a better option?

Is it safe to do the download into the usb drive using my netbook that is infected probably by Comodo (the process to fix it is taking too much time)? 

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me, as none of my computers is working properly.

Edited by Maria sts, 23 November 2013 - 03:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Unfortunately there is a forum rule which prevents us from helping you with this problem.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I can only suggest that you read reviews for the three programs you have listed above.  You should be able to find a tutorial for any which are reputable.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Maria sts

Maria sts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi Arachibutyrophobia

Thank you for your advice. Honestly, I was not aware of the breaking of such a rule rule.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

I honestly didn't believe you did.  I brought this up only to let you know why we can't help you with this problem. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Maria sts

Maria sts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thank you. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Maria

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well...we can provide "generic" information...that is info that should be readily apparent to some familiar with Google and the manner BC works :).

From a previous topic here at BC, content provided by QMan:

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.

This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

You can refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Guides:Password Recovery Tools:Louis

Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users