Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Security Pro removal but cannot get into safe mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ac319

ac319

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I read the Antivirus Security Pro Removal Guide for this site but I cannot get into safe mode.  The F8 key doesnot work and I cannot run msconfig either so i am kind of stuck.  HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hello ac lets see if we can get a DDS log as per this guide...
Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ac319

ac319
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I copied the dds.com on and external jumpdrive and copied it to the desktop and tried running it but the Antivirus Security is blocking it

What should I do. While I was waiting for a response, I did remove the harddrive and copy the data off it

Thanks

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

See if running RKill first helps.

If not then repost in the new topic (step 7) and tell them you cannot run DDS.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ac319

ac319
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have the Antivirus Security Pro and it wont let me run any application. Says everything is a not safe.  From the help I got I was told to run dds.com and it stopped it - tried rskill and won't let it run.

I cannot hit F8 and get into safe mode.  It justs starts up.  One time I abruptly turned off my laptop and it did give me the option of safe mode, safe mode with networkign etc.  I started in safe mode with networking and after it logged me on it immediately logged me off and restarted windows.  So with not being able to get into safe mode and not able to run any applications I am stuck.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

use this code to register it.. AA39754E-715219CE

then you should be able to run apps to remove it.

#7 ac319

ac319
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Sorry I was so frustrated and since I had my data - I reformatted and reloaded windows 7.  Thanks for the help.  Next time I will be more patient and try it out.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

No worries... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users