I have a computer on an enterprise environment that seems to not exist. This system is online with full network resources. However the device is not detected from a remote location via ping. There is no response. It acts like a firewall on cthe local computer, but there is none running. Here are the steps taken, not in any specific order.
from problem device via screen share over OCS:
1) ping 127.0.0.1, good
2) ping local server, good
3) ping 18.104.22.168, good
4) ping remote IT computer, good
5) check windows firewall, disabled (this is what I want)
6) start windows firewall, fail
7) start windows firewall service, fail
8) run "unhide" to ensure recent viral activity in regitry is reset (i know it will not do it all), nothing found
9) ensure there is no other software firewall on device, good
10) remove software not needed, no change
11) multiple restarts after each change, no change
12) release and renew IP, no change
13) gp update, no change
from remote devices:
1) ping device, fail
2) ping server on local network, good
3) ping device from another physical location, fail
4) ping device from server on local network, fail
5) check dhcp lease, exists
6) remove dhcp lease, new one obtained, still cannot ping
7) try to push updates, computer not found
8) try to scan device, computer not found
Anyone have any more ideas?
Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2013 - 06:46 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.