Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Knockout Game Warning - Please be careful!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just would like you all to know to be extremely careful when walking the streets.  In case you haven't heard there is a game being played where a group of kids randomly attacks someone.  Here is the link for the google search, and there have been reported deaths in some cases.

https://www.google.com/search?q=knock+out+game&oq=knock+out+game&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5207j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Please warn as many people as possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

That's insane... I'm so glad I live away from any city, again.

#3 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I agree. I think it is important to get the word out. It appears it has not been reported widely (maybe a good thing, who knows). 

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

The reason it may not be widely reported is due to the sensitive nature of the type of people involved in the crimes. Some speculate it is a racially driven as you can speculate from the videos shown.

#5 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes, I saw that and did not hear about that aspect until I looked at the links you posted. The reporter I heard this morning actually said he did not wish to give it more coverage out of concern it would spread, but the consensus was (within the discussion on the news) that it is better to get the word out to the public. 

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

@$%#ing COWARDS. realmad.gif

#7 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Absolutely :(

It makes me think there could be other cases which are a result but which nobody knew about. 

Thanks to cryptodan for putting out the warning here. 

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

That trick might backfire on them in my neck of the woods.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

You can bet they don't pick on people who look like they could fight back...

#10 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

>>>That trick might backfire on them in my neck of the woods.<<<

In my old neighborhood they'd practice "Italian baseball" on these sc*mb*gs.

Edited by Union_Thug, 24 November 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes, I saw that and did not hear about that aspect until I looked at the links you posted. The reporter I heard this morning actually said he did not wish to give it more coverage out of concern it would spread, but the consensus was (within the discussion on the news) that it is better to get the word out to the public. 

And it is also good to get the word out about those who fight back. (links below to articles about 2 people who did)

That trick might backfire on them in my neck of the woods.

It might backfire anywhere.

They shouldn't pick on people who look like they might not be able to fight back.

>>>That trick might backfire on them in my neck of the woods.<<<

In my old neighborhood they'd practice "Italian baseball" on these sc*mb*gs.

Whatever works on those who go around doing it.

As evidenced by these 2 people.

I bet they thought a 60 year old woman would be no threat to them when they chose her as their target.

You can't tell just by looking at someone if they have a weapon handy.

http://news.awfbase.com/content/knockout-game-turns-deadly-60-year-old-woman-shoots-and-kills-2-teens-after-being-punched

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/marvell-weaver-knockout-shot_n_4323723.html

#12 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Lol yes but its hard to tell who's carrying firearms, in Wyoming a good deal of people carry-and know how to use them, including little old ladys.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#13 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I hope they don't charge the 60 year old with anything.  All she did was want to live.

#14 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

@ the_patriot11

Same in my neck of the woods...Granny always has her shotgun right under her rocker as she is peeling 'taters...

@KingOfIdiocy

Agree! What she should get is a metal...

#15 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

The way I see it is that there are 2 less punks in the world and 2 less punks to continue a life of crime. Than means 2 less punks the taxpayers will have to support because they will not end up in the big house with Uncle Louie.

Self defense. If the charge her with anything the public outcry will be deafening. She is well within her rights to carry the gun and use it if needed. As long as it's registered and she has a permit for it GO GRANNY. Show 'em you mean business and refuse to be a victim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users