G'day spelk and Welcome to BC !
Lets try this first : Download and run the following programs in the order they are listed....copy and post the resulting logs in your reply/s.
RKill created by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), the site owner of BleepingComputer.
AdwCleanercreated by Xplode.
Junkware Removal Toolcreated by thisisu.
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from the link provided, please let me know.
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the finish of the installation, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. <<< most important )
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here in your next Reply
Be sure to restart the computer.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
* Close all open programs and internet browsers.
* Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Click on the Scan button.
* When the scan has finished click on the
* NOTE : Your computer will be
rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
* Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
* You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner.txt as well.
Once I OK the log, please click the Uninstall button to fully remove all
Junkware Removal Tool
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Condobloke ...Outback Australian
fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3 EXCLUSIVELY.
Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...
It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy