Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Update stuck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Centuck

Centuck

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hey Guys,

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 8.  I tried to run windows update and it sees that I have updates to install but the installation gets stuck at 0% and 0Kb.  If I try to install only one update, it gets stuck at 99%.  I know this is a common issue but no one seems to have a definite way of fixing this.  Can anyone help???

Thanks,

Centuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

What error code are you receiving when this happens?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Centuck

Centuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

I was not receiving any error code.  It was just stuck at 0%.  I found out from looking online that this is a typical issue and that it is actually downloading these updates in the background but Microsoft just messed up and it doesn't show its progress correctly.  The updates downloaded and installed now.  This topic can be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users