Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

noisy/hot computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nrands

nrands

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

hello members of bleeping computer, I am writing today for thoughts on how i could fix a few problems with my computer.

First I will give you the specs of my computer then let you know the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------

case: coolermaster centurion, model unknown

motherboard: gigabyte 880G-UD3H

cpu: amd phenom™ II x6 1055T 2.8ghz

Ram: 2x 2gb stick of DDr2

graphics card: Nvidia geforce GTX 460

operating system: windows 7 professional 32 bit (6.1 build 7601)

power supply: Master 650 model (ATX 650W)

------------------------------------

anyways my computer has 2 problems that i am aware of, the first is that on hot days it gets very loud and the fans are working very hard/ also the area of case closest to the power supply gets very hot.

and the second is that it has problems when gaming sometimes the framerate will drop in and out.

I only have the standard fans that came with the cpu heatsink and case etc.

anyways I feel that the problem of my computer being noisy and hot could be related to the power supply, could anyone tell me is my source to little for my computer.

should I buy more fans or a bigger power supply ( i did skimp when buying the supply and tried to save as much money as possible i believe i bought a poor quality one not to sure)

secondly I feel the slow gaming could be related to me running the 32 bit system of windows with 4gb of ram since the 32 bit is capped to use 4gb max and deligates it more poorly than the 64 bit system i'm told.

please give me your thought and inputs as to how I could fix these problems, if you need more information about my computer let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clk4suport

clk4suport

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi,

Sometime computer ups is not charged because of that this problem is occurs.

Please Check.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

The power supply might be part of your video issue.  Power supplies aren't as effective when they are hot.  Cheaper power supplies may provide less power than they state and the heat would make that number even lower.

Did you build this machine or did someone else?

The slow gaming isn't necessarily related to running a 32 bit OS, but you don't get full use of the 4GB of RAM you have installed.  If you go to your system properties you can see how much RAM you actually can use, it is usually 3GB or 3.5GB.  Installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7, provided your system will support it, will allow you to use all 4GB of RAM.  If you went to the 64 bit OS you might also want to upgrade your RAM.  According to Crucial your system will support up to 16GB of RAM.  I recommend at least 8GB for WIndows 7 64-bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users