Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm new this forum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 memojo

memojo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Has anyone experienced having your home page constantly being changed to about:blank?? This is happening with IE 11, but works ok with other browsers like Chrome.

Help??

This is also happening in Vista as well. My start up home page should be my yahoo, and I bring that page up and put that in and set it to current. It looks like removes about:blank and I tell it apply and close out and go back and look and it says it's about:blank. driving me nuts.

Edited by memojo, 21 November 2013 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

This is also happening in Vista as well. <= Do you "Dual boot" Win 7 and Vista, or are we talking about 2 computers here ??

Hello memojo and Welcome -

You should just need to Reset your Home Page

If you are stuck on how to get rid of about Blank in Internet Explorer
Open I.E. browser > Click on Tools > Drop down Menu to Internet Options > General Tab > Now Check your normal Home Page(s) are listed there.

You say yours is normally http://www.yahoo.com (you may need to add .us, or .uk (or .au as I use)
Now > Click use the Use Current button below that box, and finally, click OK.

Last - Reboot and Recheck (as above) that all is still correct -

Now update your Antivirus and Antimalware programs and run a full scan -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users