Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INTERNET KEEPS DISCONNECTING TRIED EVERYTHING. NOW WHAT?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi I have been having problems with my internet.. Spoke to m ISP Sky.. Tried different microfilters a new telephone been connected fine for a year, recently started disconnecting  I have a crackerling sound on the old and new phone, old phone cant make calls but can only recive calls. The new phone can make and recieve calls still with crackerling sound. I have rebooted the router off and on for 5 miniutes. I can stay connected for a good 5-7 hours or whatever but at any random time I may disconnect and reconnect for about 30 seconds I have tested master socket and the test sockets in the BTline box I dont know what else to do and it seems my ISP is struggerling on what to do..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

The static on your telephones tells me you have a high resistance fault somewhere on your connection. Either inside your home wiring or between the connection to your home and the central office switch. You need to have a technician isolate the trouble and repair it or replace any hardware that might be the cause. It could be anywhere from a jack, fuseable links, wiring, to the cable pair or pairs coming from the switch to your home.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

When my isp told me to remove the case on the BT box I saw this wire it appears to have already been like that and I've been connected for a year without any problems

563150_584517561602818_1150305946_n.jpg?

Edited by samuel3, 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#4 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Is there a program or something that shows the connection uptime? Im off to bed soon and My pc has stayed connected for a good 20 miniutes so far. Interested to see if it disconnects through the night (I will leave my PC on )

#5 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

?

#6 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

My ISP said they need to get the technial team to run internet and external test as well as contacting Openreach What do they exactly do when they do external tests?

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

There are all sorts of test sets they can apply to the line to simulate various usage profiles. Some are sophisticated enough to tell the technician the distance to the fault within a few feet. Experience and 'listening' to the line will determine which test or series of tests need to be conducted.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users