Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Proxy" not accepting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mintizmate

mintizmate

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hi, I have been having dire problems connecting to the net for the past week. When I try to connect (using Firefox) the system comes up with the proxy not accepting message. A similar message appears if I try IE. The strange thing is that my e-mails, which come via MS Office 2007 Outlook, can be sent and received. In addition I am able to log onto 'Spotify' and get a service. I can log on and surf with no problem using my wife's laptop. Line checks have shown that I have no line problems. The only way I have been able to obtain any internet service is to do a system restore. This action results in my getting access for a while, but it is very 'flakey' and slow. After a while it just refuses to connect again and I am back at square one. Looking back at the available restore points it appears that there was a critical Microsoft Update installed about the time that I started getting these connection problems - could this be the cause??

In addition to checking my line I have checked the eternet cable and connections. This seems OK. I have run system cleaning program (Tune Up Utilities 3013) and done a full virus scan (Kaspersky Internet Security 2013). 

Any possible solutions to this problem (or is it problems) would be appreciated.

Because of this problem it may take some time for me to re-connect, so I may not be able to respond to any suggestions straight away.

Thanks

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users